My name is John Levett. I have been painting games workshop miniatures for other people on a commission basis for approximately two years, and have enjoyed every second of it. I enjoy working with my clients to help them achieve the result they are after, whether it be for an individual model, an entire unit or even a full scale army. Over time, I have come to realize that if I am able to form a rapport with my clients, I end up getting just as involved in the project as them, which I like to think contributes towards the overall experience, from both the client and painters perspective.
The most common question asked, is what rates do I charge. Honestly, I cannot give any fixed examples of a pricing structure, as it entirely depends upon what the complexity of the task at hand. However, below you will find a rough guide to the various "levels of detail" I offer and what techniques will be used / available at each given level.
Level 1 (Gaming Standard):
- Models will be fully based using any combination of modeling sand / flock. Clients choice!
- Each model will be fully painted using minimum of 2 layers per colour.
- Between 2-4 highlights will be used.
- 1 shading wash.
- Models will be fully based using any combination of modeling sand / flock. Client also has the option of discussing more "advanced" scenic bases.
- Model conversion options available.
- Each model will be fully painted using a minimum of 4 layers per colour (where applicable)
- Between 4-8 highlights will be used.
- 3 shading washes.
- Battle Damage / weathering effects available upon request.
- NMM available upon request, else advanced true metallics will be used.
- Each model is assessed on a case by case basis and will involve the full array of techniques I can capable of, along with extensive conversion & sculpting work where appropriate.
If any of the above seem appealing, or you would simply like to ask a question, please feel free to contact me. You will find my contact details below.
Primary Email: email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you!